Planning a trip to hill stations is one of the best ways to escape the hectic city life and enjoy peace. Here are few quick travel tips to keep in mind before planning your next trip to hill stations.
- Choose the Best Time to Travel: Most hill stations are best enjoyed in a particular season. For example, the hill station of Kodaikanal is the best summer retreat. The towering green hills and dense forests are the biggest attraction of this place and its beauty can be best observed only in the summer season. If you are planning on a budget trip to this hill station, then you can check the best budget hotels in Kodaikanal after deciding on the best time to travel.
- Medicines: When you are travelling to hill stations, make sure to carry personal medication to protect yourself from cold, flu and skin rashes. Try to have warm food at hill stations to avoid catching flu.
- Trekking: To get the most out of your hill station visit, check for trekking spots near the hill station. If you plan to visit hill stations like Shimla, you can find plenty of trekking spots near any hotel in Shimla. Investing your time in trekking is always worthy.
- Documents: Carry your identity proof to avoid any kind of inconvenience during your trip. Also, make sure to carry a digital proof of identity in case you lose your physical identity proof. This would come in handy if you plan to take a vehicle on rent or if you want to book any hotel during your sightseeing trip in any hill station.
- Attire: This is one of the most important things in this list. While packing your luggage, make sure that you pack your leather jackets and pullovers to keep yourself warm. Sometimes, the weather conditions in hill stations can be extremely worse, so include mufflers, windcheaters and beanies in your package list.
- Picturesque Spots: Sunrise and sunset spots are one of the best things to watch during your hill station trip. They are one of the best moments you can capture on your cameras. Tea plantations are another picturesque spots in a hill station. Don’t miss out on an exciting opportunity to taste the rich flavour of coffee and tea in a hill station.
- Good Camera: To capture the best moments of your visit to hill station, make sure to carry a good DSLR camera, batteries, and SD card. These are the best moments, which one needs to capture to relive these great moments in future.
Hope these travel tips help you plan a great hill station visit next time.